Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday, December 19, 2016

Water and Blood (The Merworld Trilogy Book 1) by B. Kristin McMichael Review

Water and Blood (The Merworld Trilogy Book 1)Water and Blood by B. Kristin McMichael
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

B. Kristin McMichael is off to another incredible series with the first book in The Merworld Trilogy, WATER AND BLOOD. I loved this book. My heart broke for Whitney at the end of the Skinwalkers Witchling Series. I was so glad her story continued. After being attacked by a witch and having her skinwalker abilities striped from her, she moved to Florida to live with her human relatives and start a new life. However, after meeting fellow student, Sam, she is thrown back into the night human world.

B. Kristin McMichael has wonderful imagination. She once again created another magical tale. I loved the plot. I thought it was clever how Sam and Whitney meet. I’m a certified scuba diver, so I appreciated the concept of sirens. Whenever I dive I feel like I am one with the fish, so it made it easy to visualize what it would be like in the water. I like the history of the sirens/mermaids and how they are no longer supposed to exist.

Prior to reading this book, I already liked Whitney’s character. She has never felt like she fit in. She is a good person and friend. She is smart, persistent, and brave. Sam is a great hero. He is a siren prince. He has such a better personality then his siblings. He is a smart leader. I like that he stands up for himself and Whitney. Whitney and Sam have great chemistry. I love that they met briefly in Washington State when they were kids.

Amber and Sam’s brother, Tim, caused some interesting conflicts in the story. Amber is selfish. Tim is evil. They both added to the excitement of the story.

B. Kristin McMichael is an amazing writer. I have enjoyed every book that I have read by her. Her stories flow skilfully. Her characters are well developed. They contain mystery, action, and drama. Her stories are creative and original. I’m anxiously awaiting the next book in the trilogy. I am interested in how the story will play out. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition, 214 pages
Published November 20th 2016 by Lexia Press, LLC
ASIN: B01N0GHINU
Edition Language: English


View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...