Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

On Thin Ice (Dallas Demons #4) by Aven Ellis Review

On Thin Ice (Dallas Demons, #4)On Thin Ice by Aven Ellis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Aven Ellis talleys a win with ON THIN ICE, the fourth book in the Dallas Demons series. Aspiring author, Holly Johansson, has had a crush on her brother’s teammate, Matt Rhinelander, since she met him years ago. She is convinced that he is her complete opposite and not interested in her, until he rescues her at a party. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for new adult and adult audiences.

I loved Aven Ellis’ ON THIN ICE. I could not put this book down.
Holly is a sweet character. She recently graduated from Northwestern University and needs to find a job to support herself while allowing her time to fulfill her dream to become a fantasy writer. She is from Minnestota but currently staying with her brother, Nate, in Dallas. She has a secret that she has kept from everyone but confides in Matt. Matt is a good guy, However, has gotten himself in some trouble by partying too much and is in risk of being traded. He has his own issues and secrets that he discloses to Holly. My heart went out to Matt and what he went through. The two develop a relationship but keep it hidden to avoid a conflict with Holly’s brother. The couple have many obstacles and challenges they face throughout the story.

The plot had a lot of depth and was interesting. ON THIN ICE is a believable and heartfelt story. I enjoyed Holly’s Game Plan list. I love how Matt adds to her lists. I also, appreciated how Holly’s novel correlated to her life; although I admit, I found her story a bit chessy. I love the lunches with CiCi. That woman is a force to be reckoned with. Holly’s sock collection and Matt’s reaction to it were amusing. I like that Holly and Reese Brannon befriended each other. I would love to hear her story with JP Rochat. I thought Matt’s nickname for Holly was sweet. ON THIN ICE had a great ending.

I enjoy Aven Ellis’ writing style. Her work is distinctive and fun. I love her Chicago on Ice series. This is actually the first book in the Dallas Demons series that I have read. I will definitely continue to follow this series, and I want to back track and read the previous books, especially THE DIFINITION OF ICING, Nate’s and Kenley’s story. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition
Published November 30th 2016 by Soul Mate Publishing
ASIN: B01M0PKJ89
Edition Language: English
Series: Dallas Demons #4

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...