Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday, November 7, 2016

Crazy Pucking Love (Taking Shots #3) by Cindi Madsen Review

Crazy Pucking Love (Taking Shots, #3)Crazy Pucking Love by Cindi Madsen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Cindi Madsen scores a hat trick with the third book in the Taking Shots series CRAZY PUCKING LOVE. I love this series. In this story, Megan Davenport, the little sister of team captain, Beck Davenport (book one), is a freshman at Boston College. She meets the boy of her dreams, Dane Kowalski, only to discover that he is her brother’s teammate and sworn off-limits. However, Dane and Megan have a class together and are both insomniacs, so they decide that the threat shouldn’t stop them from becoming friends. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for new adults.

I like Megan. We met her in book one, when she struggled with her parents’ death and was seeking out negative attention. Now she is starting school at Boston College with a list of positive goal. She wants a fresh start and to be true to herself. She is a sweet girl whom you can’t help but like. I love her geeky side and am glad she chooses to embrace that part of her and not worry about the popular crowd. I found her math equations amusing.

I enjoyed learning more about Dane’s character. Dane is Hudson Decker’s (book 2) best friend. The two grew up together in the Bronx. Dane has some issues concerning his ex-girlfriend that he needs to overcome to move forward. He is also worried about his younger sister, Lissa. He is a good guy, that cares about the people that are important to him.

I enjoyed the plot. I like how Megan and Dane meet. I like how they hang out at the diner. I thought the part about them both being insomniacs and understanding each other cleaver. I enjoyed the creative ways they spent time together. I love both their geeky sides. The two get each other and are a good fit. Both the characters grow and have obstacles to overcome as individuals and a couple. I enjoyed how the story ended. Cindi Madsen continues to do a phenomenal job with this series. I cannot wait for her next book in the series. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

ebook
Published November 7th 2016
Series: Taking Shots #3

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...