Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday, November 7, 2016

Breaking the Ice (Men of the Ice Book 7) by Michele Shriver Review

Breaking the Ice (Men of the Ice Book 7)Breaking the Ice by Michele Shriver
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Michele Shriver’s BREAKING THE ICE is a heartfelt addition to the Men of the Ice series. NHL defenseman, Noah Mann, is set up on a blind date with medical resident, Riley Marks. The two seem like opposites; Noah is a practical joker, and Riley is studious and serious, but their relationship is just what the doctor ordered. This contemporary sports romance takes place in San Antonio, Texas. It is suitable for new adult audiences.

BREAKING THE ICE is a cute story. I enjoyed both characters. Practical joking hockey stars are one of my favorite heroes. I love to laugh. Riley is sweet, smart, and has a huge heart. She works with children, so it totally tugged on my heartstrings. They are set up by Kendall Myers and goalie, Becker Lawson (from book 4). Riley, is Kendall’s daughter’s doctor.

I like that Noah and Riley met after the NHL All-Star game. During those competitions, fans get an idea what their favorite hockey stars’ personalities are like. I think it was cleaver that Riley gets a sneak peek of Noah before they officially meet. I thought it was cute that they are both closet comic book hero fans Noah is clever with his date ideas. The two end up having a lot in common. Riley ends up going through a difficult situation that Noah could help her deal with. Noah and Riley are an adorable couple that help balance one another. I truly enjoyed this story, flying through it quickly. BREAKING THE ICE is a wonderful addition to the Men of the Ice series. I am looking forward to Michele Shriver’s next book in the series. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition, 110 pages
Published October 25th 2016 by SMC Publishing
ASIN: B01JAW18VS
Edition Language: English

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...