Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Friday, October 21, 2016

Unsportsmanlike Conduct (Pilots Hockey, #4) by Sophia Henry Review

Unsportsmanlike Conduct (Pilots Hockey, #4)Unsportsmanlike Conduct by Sophia Henry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT by Sophia Henry is another amazing book in the Pilots Hockey series. Kristen Katsaros goes on a singles Caribbean cruise as a gift from her parents in hopes of her finding a Greek husband. Unbeknownst to her, Spiros Loukas, the annoying man whom her parents were hoping she would marry was also on the cruise. Hockey player, Pavel Gribov, comes to her aid by pretending to be her fake boyfriend. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for new adult and adult audiences.

I like Kristen. My heart broke for her having Cystic Fibrosis. My sister-in-law’s niece has CF, and I kept picturing her throughout this story. They are both beautiful and sweet girls who deserve to be happy. I like Kristen’s live life to the fullest attitude. She is a strong individual. I could understand why she was hesitant to get close to Pavel, after how her prior boyfriend treated her. I’m glad she gave him a chance.

I love Pavel’s mindset toward Kristen. I appreciated that he cared about her and not her illness. He didn’t want her to suffer, but he gave her a chance despite having CF. He didn’t run away because of her disorder. I could understand why he kept his identity from her. It was a complicated situation. I like the person he is around her. He is protective, fun, and kind.

I thought it was clever how Auden Berezin and Aleksandr Varenkov from book 1, DELAYED PENALTY, tied into the novel: Kristen being Auden’s best friend and Aleksandr being Pavel’s teammate. That created some interesting tension is the story.

Sophia Henry does a great job with her characters. They have a lot of depth and are very human. They have issues. They are not perfect. The plot was believable and interesting. Having been on multiple Caribbean cruises, I appreciated the setting. UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT was a heartfelt story that I could not put down. It made me experience just about every emotion, and it truly moved me. I look forward to Sophia Henry’s next book in the series.

I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

ebook, 266 pages
Published October 18th 2016 by Flirt
ISBN: 1101968532 (ISBN13: 9781101968536)
Series:
Pilots Hockey #4

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the awesome review!! Your kind words and support of my books means the world to me! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...