Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Scoring Chance (Breakaway #5) by Vera Roberts Review

Scoring Chance: New Adult Romance (Breakaway Book 5)Scoring Chance: New Adult Romance by Vera Roberts
My rating: 3.5 of 5 Stars

Hockey star Dean Winchester’s and artist Sydney Walker’s story continues in Vera Roberts’ fifth book of the Breakaway series, SCORING CHANCE. After their recent breakup, the two reconciled, both making mistakes while not seeing one another. Now a possible scandal once again threatens their relationship.

Both Dean and Sydney did some growing up in this story. They are both still young, Dean 22 and Sydney 24. They have a lot of responsibility for people their age. I appreciated when Vera Roberts had Sydney and Dean flashback to their childhood memories. It helps the reader understand the characters more.

I was sort of surprised how the story started out. By the end of the book, the action at the start of the story seemed brilliant.

Jameson and Sarah get married in Vegas toward the beginning of this story. Considering they are Dean’s and Sydney’s best friends respectively that makes for some interesting viewpoints throughout the novel.

Ian still rubs me wrong. I like that he looks out for Sydney, but I don’t trust him.

Rebecca is a piece of work. She adds controversy to the story and keeps it attention-grabbing.

I liked Quinn. He was a fascinating client. I could totally visualize Sydney’s mural.

I liked how the story was resolved. It had a wonderful ending. SCORING CHANCE is a great addition to the Breakaway series.

I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition, 145 pages
Published September 12th 2016 by Sweet Baby Girl Entertainment
ASIN: B01LXTEM5C
Edition Language: English
Series: Breakaway #5


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...