Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Primal (Wild Heart Chronicles #1) by Lucy Auburn: Interview

Primal
(Wild Heart Chronicles #1)
by Lucy Auburn

He’s dangerous… I just know it.

One look is all I need to tell me this guy is bad news.
But I can’t resist the touch of his lips to mine, his fingers on my skin.
Some primal urges won’t be denied…

Belmont City isn’t a normal place. Creatures howl in the darkness, and they say the water is cursed. To out-of-towner Mara Finn, the rumors are superstitious nonsense. She’s a normal girl with her future planned out – until tattooed hunk Riker shows up to throw her off balance.

He’s a bad boy; she knows just by looking at him. That doesn’t stop her from wanting him. And while Riker intends to keep her at arm’s length, the panther inside him purrs at her touch.

Mara knows there’s something different about this bad boy, but she can’t put her finger on it. He’s sexy, hunky, mysterious… feral, even.

Their animal attraction will bring them together, but outside forces seek to rip them apart. Can love between a human and a shifter conquer all?




Available at:


ON SALE for $0.99 during August only! 




Author Bio


Lucy Auburn is a paranormal romance writer who lives in the Southwest. She loves writing about supernatural shifters in the fictional town of Belmont City.


Blog     Facebook     Newsletter     Twitter     Website


Interview 


Please welcome Primal author Lucy Auburn to Diane’s Book Blog. 

How long did it take you to write Primal? 

About a month total, after which I sent it off to the editor to be cleaned up.

If you were stranded on a desert island which of your characters do you want by your side? 

Definitely Lily, a character in my upcoming book Feral. Between the telekinesis and the telepathy, she’d get us out of there pronto.

If you could be best friends with one of your characters, who would it be? 

Nora, who is also Mara’s best friend. No matter what happens, Nora is a good friend with a great sense of humor. She also tells the best stories.

What inspired you to write your first book? 

I wanted to write a paranormal romance in an interesting setting, with a bit of a twist. My shifters aren’t bitten or born, which I thought would be a fun challenge to write. There’s also this bit of friction: if you lived in Belmont City, would you jump in the water?

Who or what inspired you to be a writer? 

I read a lot of young adult fantasy in school. When I realized the writer of Eragon was a teenager like myself, it hit me that I could do that too.

What's your favorite book-turned movie? 

It’s technically TV, but the Outlander series for sure.

What is your typical day like? 

I walk the dogs, drink as much espresso as possible, start work on the day job, and finish up as soon as possible so I can start writing.       
    
How do you overcome writer’s block? 

Often I just make myself write one sentence, which snowballs into the next one and even more after that.

What book are you reading now? 

The Diviners by Libba Bray.

What do you prefer paperback, hardcover, or ebooks? 

Paperback or ebook, though I read mostly ebooks these days because I’m impatient.


Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? 

Thank you for reading! My passion wouldn’t be a job without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...