Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Ivy Years author Sarina Bowen: Interview


Please welcome The Ivy Years author Sarina Bowen to Diane’s Book Blog. 

Sarina Bowen writes steamy, angsty contemporary romance from Vermont's Green Mountains. She lives with her family, eight chickens and too much ski gear and hockey equipment.

Google+     Instagram     Pinterest     Tumblr     Twitter     Website



Interview



What is your favorite thing about hockey/sports romances? 

Sport equals drama. Each sporting event has its own narrative arc and both a sad ending and a happy one, depending on who you're rooting for. So sports fit so well into romance. And also: athletes.  Because... reasons!

Why college hockey?

Because… hockey players are hot. And hockey is a fast-paced game where whining is categorically disallowed. Interestingly, fighting is not legal in college hockey, either. At the college level, it’s all about the game. I love that! Seeing college hockey live is also a lot more laid back than an NHL game. You're a lot closer to the ice, but the level of play is still excellent. It's a great time.

Who is you favorite real life hockey team?

The Ivy Years series is set at a fictional school that's a lot like Yale. The smaller colleges can't compete in a big money sport like football. But hockey is different--even the smaller schools are contenders. When Yale won the Frozen Four two years ago, it was a happy, happy night at our house!

What inspired you to write your first romance?

When I used to write women's fiction, I always felt a lot of pressure to be the wisest, cleverest girl in the room. It was exhausting. I switched to romance because I wanted writing to be fun again. I wanted to spin a good yarn, and leave readers smiling. When I stopped trying to be wise and clever, I ended up writing romances which people tell me are... wise and clever. Go figure.

What is your favorite book that you wrote?

You promise not to tell my other books that I chose a favorite, right? The Understatement of the Year will always be very dear to me. I never had to try to put my heart into that one, because it was already there. I enjoyed every minute of writing that book.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...