Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday, November 17, 2014

Lights Out by Melissa Groeling: Interview

Lights Out 

Melissa Groeling


Type of Genre: suspense/thriller
Length of Book 388 pages

Even when the lights are out, he can still see you…

Paul Holten’s profession doesn’t leave much room for doubt or conscience but he’s reaching his breaking point. The nightmares are getting worse, the jobs are getting harder to finish and the volatile relationship with his boss, Aaron, is falling apart. Now faced with the possibility of an impending death sentence, Paul makes the fatal decision to run. Drawn into one hellish situation after another, he’s forced to confront his dark past---and wonder if perhaps dying isn’t the better option. 


Available at:

Amazon     B&N     ARe     Smashwords


Author Bio

Melissa Groeling graduated from Bloomsburg University with a degree in English. She lives, reads and writes in the Philadelphia region and wherever else life happens to send her. She is a hardcore New York Giants fan and loves chocolate. Lights Out is her second novel to date.

Come find me at Facebook!


Facebook     Blog     Twitter

Interview 


Please welcome Lights Out author Melissa Groeling to Diane's Book Blog.

Hi Diane! *waves* Thanks so much for having me. Oh here, I bought some cupcakes….*hands over plate of chocolate cupcakes topped with sprinkles.*
I figured we could use some tasty snacks while I plow through these questions. Ready?
Yes?
Okay, Diane, fire away!

What is your favorite part of the story, Lights Out

Oh man, I have so many but I think I would pick the silo part. It was a scene that I didn’t plan on putting in; it just kind of happened which is why I like it so much. It really has an “unleashed” quality to it.

If you were stranded on a desert island which of your characters do you want by your side?

Ha ha! I’m not sure if I would want any of them at my side. All my characters have so many problems, I’m not sure I’d survive being alone with them.

What's your favorite book-turned movie?

Hands down, Misery, by Stephen King. I know people always say that the books are always better than the movies and I tend to agree. But Misery was absolutely phenomenal. Kathy Bates was so creepily endearing and James Caan, oh that poor, poor man. The insanity that permeated through that whole film really made you think twice about people. You just never know who’s got a busted-up writer trapped in their guest room!
          
Can you share a little of your current work with us?

Well, after reading Lights Out, my mom demanded that I write a happy story. At first, I was like, “Well, how am I supposed to do that?” But then I realized that it’s a good idea because Lights Out took a lot out of me. Even while I was writing it, I had to stop myself from sinking into this dark, creepy place that wasn’t healthy at all. So right now, I’m working on something that’s geared more towards...the lighter side of things.

What do you prefer paperback, hardcover, or ebooks? 

Paperbacks for sure! I am a huge real-book fan. My shelves are always puking up books. I don’t really buy the whole “books-are-becoming-obsolete” thing. I think books are always going to be with us, digital or not! A few co-workers and I were talking about Black Friday shopping the other day and I told them, “Seriously, I hate shopping but put me in a bookstore and I’ll stay there for hours.”

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

Yes! First of all, hi readers! And second, thank you, thank you, thank you for all your support! Don’t be afraid to stay in touch either. I love to hear from you!

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...