Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

The Sugar Queen of Emerson Pass (Emerson Pass #2) by Tess Thompson Review

The Sugar Queen of Emerson PassThe Sugar Queen of Emerson Pass by Tess Thompson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Tess Thompson’s The Sugar Queen of Emerson Pass (Emerson Pass #2) is a sweet read. In this story NHL star, Trapper Barnes returns home after an injury shortens his career. He pursues his childhood sweetheart, Brandi Vargas, who broke his heart, discovering the reason she let him go. This second-chance romance is suitable for adult readers. It takes place in Emerson Pass, Colorado.

Tess Thompson does a nice job with the characters. Brandi owns the town bakery which she named The Sugar Queen. My heart broke for her and the things she endured. Her mom is a piece of work. She has secrets that she needs to reveal to Trapper if she decides to give him a second chance. Trapper is a good guy. I like that he was open-minded and a romantic. I appreciated how the characters found their ancestors past relevant to their own.

Compelling things happen in the story that brought the character’s together. There were times at the beginning of the book that I felt it was a little slow, usually when they were reading the journals or letters. I do feel that the history played an important part in this story and that the journal/letters were necessary for the success of the book. The Sugar Queen of Emerson Pass had a wonderful ending that left me wanting to read more of the series. This is the first book that I have read by Tess Thompson. I am interested in the other character’s stories. I recommend this book to people who enjoy second chance romances that include history. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition, 200 pages
Expected publication: May 19th 2020 by 4kids5cats Editions
ASIN: B086HXGD33
Edition Language: English

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...