Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Low Blow (Shots On Goal #4) by Kristen Hope Mazzola Review

Low Blow (Shots On Goal Standalone Series Book 4)Low Blow by Kristen Hope Mazzola
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Kristen Hope Mazzola’s LOW BLOW is a heartfelt and inspiring read. It has been ten years since Griffin Hayes had his heart transplant. He feels the need to seek out the daughter of his donor, Olive Cooper. The person that makes him feel whole. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for new adult and adult audiences. It takes place in New York.

LOW BLOW can be read as a stand-alone, but I appreciated it more because I read the three books preceding it. I am not into boxers, but I really enjoyed this story. Griffin is the younger brother of NHL star, Gavin Hayes, from book one, HAT TRICK. I love that the characters from the previous books were part of this story. They provided a network and family for Griffin and Liv. Kristen Hope Mazzola does a nice job of making you feel invested in the characters of the Shots On Goal series.

I like Griffin. He needed a heart transplant when he was sixteen years old. It took courage for him to seek the daughter of his donor out. I appreciated that his actions showed Olive that her Father’s donation saved lives and helped her mourn his loss better. I love that they have an instant connection. Liv is a great character. I like her personality and that she is not Griffin’s typical taste in women. Her reaction to Griffin’s fight is probably exactly how I would have responded.

As discovered in book one, Griffin’s parents are a bit to deal with. His mom was in rare form in this story. She really is one of those people that just shouldn’t speak. I’m glad that Griffin has his brother and his friends for support, especially Myla. I love that he found his soul mate in Liv. I also like that Shaw and Simon hooked up.

I really enjoyed LOW BLOW. I finished it in one sitting. The plot was genuine. The characters are likable. It had a well concluded ending. I’m looking forward to the next book in the Shots On Goal series. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition
Expected publication: April 18th 2017
ASIN: B06XW8B2N1

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...