Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Game of Shadows by Erika Lewis review

Game of ShadowsGame of Shadows by Erika Lewis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Game of Shadows by Erika Lewis is an exciting fantasy suitable for young adults. It is a unique story that is fast-paced and entertaining. Fourteen-year-old, Ethan Makkai, has an over-protective mother. He doesn’t feel like he fits in. He can see ghosts. Plus, he has found out his life is a complete lie.

I enjoyed Ethan’s character. His heritage has been hidden from him. After his mother, Caitriona, is kidnapped, he finds out the truth about the continent of Tara he never knew existed. He grows a lot throughout this story.

I enjoyed the plot. It had interesting twists. The characters are well-developed. Tara is skillfully described. I like the Celtic pantheon aspect to the story. I’ve always enjoyed books that are based on mythology. I think people that enjoy books by Rick Riordan and Brandon Mull’s Fablehaven series would enjoy GAME OF SHADOWS. I could see my fourteen-year-old son and his friends enjoying this story. I also think it would make a good movie. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Hardcover, 400 pages
Published February 28th 2017 by Tor Books
Original Title: Game of Shadows
ISBN 0765381389 (ISBN13: 9780765381385)
Edition Language: English

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...