Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Playing The Game (York Bombers #1) by Lisa B. Kamps Review

Playing The Game (York Bombers, #1)Playing The Game by Lisa B. Kamps
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Lisa B. Kamps is off to a tremendous start with PLAYING THE GAME the first book from the York Bombers series. The Bombers are the AHL team of Kamps NHL Baltimore Banners series team. I love that she started this series. There is a whole different level of emotion at an AHL level. Harland Day had been recently sent down from the Banners. He has lost his edge and is struggling to get it back. Once he returned to his hometown in York, he cannot stop thinking about his ex-girlfriend, Courtney Williams and discovers some secrets that have been kept from him. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for new adult and adult audiences.

I loved this story. I appreciated how it started out with the prologue. It really set the mood for the book. Harland and Courtney are amazing and complex characters with a long history. They are both believable and have multiple issues to overcome. They had a horrible break up and that left them both scarred. Harland had a rough childhood. It is understandable how he hoped his dad was looking out for him. Courtney rightfully has trust issues. I love that this couple gets a second chance. I enjoyed the story about how they originally met. I love how Harland accepts and treats Noah.

The hockey aspect in the story was well represented. It depicted Harland’s struggles on the ice. I enjoyed his team mates. He has some good friends who are trying to look out for him.

PLAYING THE GAME is another amazing book by Lisa B. Kamps. She continues to write skillful plots that are exciting and heartfelt. I’m looking forward to her next story. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition
Expected publication: February 14th 2017 by BimHaven Press
ASIN: B01N2W77UQ
Edition Language: English
Series: York Bombers #1

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...