Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Friday, January 27, 2017

Good Boy (WAGs #1) by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy Review

Good Boy (WAGs, #1)Good Boy by Sarina Bowen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy are off to another amazing start with GOOD BOY the first book of the WAGs series. WAGs is a spin-off of the HIM series, where we were introduced to GOOD BOY’s main characters, Jess Canning and Blake Riley. Jess is Jammie’s older sister, and Blake is Ryan Wesley’s teammate and neighbor. The story starts out in California with Jess planning Jammie’s and Blake’s wedding. Jess is the maid of honor, and Blake is the best man. Blake is excited to get to see Jess again and Jess, well…not so much. GOOD BOY is told from both Jess’ and Blake’s point of view. The story primarily takes place in Toronto.

I like Jess. She is one of six siblings. She has struggled with finding a career path, feeling like she is a disappointment to her family. She finally realizes what she is meant to do and hopes she doesn’t once again fail her family. She moves to Toronto, where she ends up spending time with Blake again.

Blake makes me laugh, smile, and shake my head. He is persistent, protective, and full of surprises. He can be annoying, but he is a great guy who means well. His ex-girlfriend, Molly, is a piece of work. She causes some drama in the story.

Blake and Jess make an interesting couple. They become good friends. He releaves her stress. People that know them, would not expect them to be compatible. However, they honestly make a fantastic couple. They both really come into their own in this story.

I enjoyed the plot. It was well executed and believable. I love that Jamie and Wes are in this novel. I can’t get enough of those guys. I love both characters' families. Mrs. Riley is great. GOOD BOY had an adorable ending.

I love that Blake and the team are involvement with the Broken Paws shelter. I think the book cover, title and series name are brilliant. I love that the titles are words you would say to a dog. That works great with the series name since in hockey slang WAGs stands for wives and girlfriends. Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy are a dynamic writing duo. I’m anxiously awaiting book two in the WAGs series, STAY. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

ebook
Expected publication: January 31st 2017 by Elle Kennedy Inc.
ISBN: 139781942444305
Edition Language: English
Series: WAGs #1

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...