Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

On the Line (Hometown Players #5) by Victoria Denault Review

On the Line (Hometown Players, #5)On the Line by Victoria Denault
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Victoria Denault’s ON THE LINE is an amazing addition to the Hometown Players series. I loved this book. Avery Westwood is the "golden boy" of the NHL and very concerned about his image and brand. Stephanie Deveau is his ex-teammate’s sister. She should be off limits but he can’t fight his feeling for her. Little does he know, she has a secret that could tarnish his stellar image. This contemporary sports romance primarily takes place in San Diego. It is suitable for new adult and adult audiences.

I must admit, I was annoyed with Avery in book 4, WINNING IT ALL. He gave his over baring father too much control over his life, causing him to be extreme about maintaining the proper image. My opinion of him changed in ON THE LINE. Avery really is a sweet guy. Some of the things he does to be with Stephanie go above and beyond what most people would do. Stephanie is good for him. She tells him exactly what she thinks and doesn’t bow down to him, like pretty much everyone else. She brings out his fun side. He feels like he can be himself and relax around her.

Stephanie had a difficult past that she keeps hidden. She has understandable reasons for not wanting to confide in Avery. However, she knows she needs to tell Avery but never seems to have the right opportunity. It ends up causing controversy in the story that the couple needs to overcome.

Sebastian is a wonderful brother to Stephanie. He is justifiably over protective. He loves her and would do anything for her. There are some issues that arise after he discovers the couple relationship.

Victoria Denault does an amazing job with the plot. There are many details and situations throughout the novel that make the story interesting. The book is well-written. Even though it is over 300-pages long, I felt like it was a quick read because it flowed perfectly and I could not put it down. The story was well resolved and had a great conclusion. However, I fell in love with the characters and didn’t want their story to end. Victoria Denault is good about mentioning previous characters in her current books, so I’m sure we haven’t heard the last of them. I loved Victoria Denault’s ON THE LINE. I could easily see this as a book I would re-read because I enjoyed it so much. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition, 308 pages
Published December 6th 2016 by Forever Yours
ASIN: B01FRASEHS
Edition Language: English
Series: Hometown Players #5

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...