Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday, November 28, 2016

Hooked by Brenda Rothert Review

HookedHooked by Brenda Rothert
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Brenda Rothert scored with HOOKED. NHL hockey star and team captain, Jake Birch, is not used to people saying no to him. Then he meets Miranda Carr the beautiful and feisty house keeper at the hotel he is staying at while his condo is being renovated. She tells him how it is and treats him like she would anyone else. It’s appealing. Unfortunately, he needs to stay away from her because he is being coerced into dating his team owner’s daughter, whom he can’t stand. This contemporary sports romance takes place in Chicago.

I loved this story. It was heartwarming and believable. The characters have a lot of depth. I love how Jake slowly lets Miranda get to know the real him and opens-up to her. After losing his brother/best friend to cystic fibrosis, he closed himself off to others not wanting to be hurt again. He became an arrogant jerk. My heart broke for him and what he went through with his family. I like the person he becomes with Miranda by his side. I love that he helps her study, and that he likes simply hanging out with her. Miranda is a lovable heroine. She has a great family. She is putting herself through college, while working two jobs. She is determined and hard working. She is not impressed by money and social status. She is stubborn. She is good for Jake.

Hailey Hampton adds interesting conflict to the story. In the end, Jake handles the situation respectfully. It was an awkward situation.

HOOKED held me riveted. I read this book in one sitting, not being able to put it down. The characters are genuine. They are human and have their own issues. They overcome multiple obstacles. The story was appealing and heartfelt. Brenda Rothert did an amazing job with this story. I enjoy her writing style. I appreciated that it had an epilogue. The story was well concluded and felt complete. I look forward to Brenda Rothert’s next book. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition
Expected publication: December 6th 2016 by Loveswept
ASIN: B01CMH15IE
Edition Language: English

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...