Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Hat Trick by Kristen Hope Mazzola Review

Hat TrickHat Trick by Kristen Hope Mazzola
My rating: 3.5 of 5 Stars

Kristen Hope Mazzola is a heartwarming and fun read. New York Otters hockey player Brayden Cox is left to raise his sister Myla, after a car accident kills their mother and injures Myla, fracturing Myla’s Olympic figure skating dreams. Otter’s captain, Gavin Hayes, doesn’t care for Branden Cox, his sister, on the other hand…This contemporary sports romance takes place in New York. It is suitable for both new adult and adult audiences.

I enjoyed the characters. I felt bad that Gavin was left at the altar of his wedding. I would think that situation would turn a lot of people off of relationships. He could be a bit of a jerk at times, but it is not surprising considering his family life and romantic past. It would be hard to play on a team at that level that your dad coaches. He turns out to be a good guy, with Myla’s help.

Brayden is a great guy. He is a loving and protective big brother. He is sweet for getting her a puppy, so she won’t be by herself when he travels. Being a husky owner, I commend her choice of dogs.

I like Myla’s character. After her injury, she has a difficult time moving forward. I appreciated that Brayden gets Myla a coaching opportunity working for five-time gold medalist Simon Abramson.

I thought it was interesting that Gavin’s and Brayden’s/Myla’s dads also played on the New York Otters together. I like how Gavin and Brayden’s relationship evolved throughout the story. Hat Trick is an entertaining and sweet read.

I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition, 151 pages
Published October 17th 2016
ASIN: B01M04H01N
Edition Language: English

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...