Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Bottom of the Ninth: Seattle Skookums Baseball (Game On in Seattle #6) by Jami Davenport Review

Bottom of the Ninth: Seattle Skookums Baseball (Game On in Seattle #6)Bottom of the Ninth: Seattle Skookums Baseball by Jami Davenport
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was anxiously awaiting reading BOTTOM OF THE NINTH about Zeke, the third Wolfe brother. I was not disappointed. I loved this book. Jami Davenport continues to do a fabulous job with both her character and plot development. This contemporary sports romance takes place in Seattle. It is suitable for adult audiences.

My heart went out to Zeke. He is the youngest of the Wolfe brothers. He was left to fend for himself with his father after the brothers moved out of the house to pursue their sports. I couldn’t believe the secrets he suppressed. It is understandable why he did not want anything to do with his brothers, but I was glad fate intervened, and they were thrown together.
Paisley Madison is an admirable heroine. I love that she took care of her late sister’s kids: Brayden, Sophie, and Sadie. She has a good heart. I love how Paisley and her charges came into Zeke’s life. She is determined and strong willed. Zeke and Paisley are perfect for each other. Zeke, Paisley, and the kids all needing each other to heal.

I thought the old house aspect of the story was clever. I like Zeke’s agent, Al Greenburg, and was glad he hired Paisley. I also, appreciated that he picked up Zeke’s brothers as clients. One Big Seattle Family was brilliant.

I enjoyed the plot and like how it tied in with Isaac Wolfe’s story MELTING ICE and Tanner Wolfe’s story BLINDSIDED. All three of the brothers of the brothers had a horrible childhood; turning against each other. I love that they were given an opportunity to talk things out and reconcile. I also, appreciated Paisley’s story and the similarities that the characters experienced, especially Zeke and Sadie.

BOTTOM OF THE NINTH by Jami Davenport was a heartwarming and exciting read. The story is well-written and has a great flow. This novel had me experiencing just about every emotion. I loved the characters and the plot. I highly recommend this read to anyone that enjoys sports romances. To fully appreciate this story; I suggest reading the books in order, or at least reading MELTING ICE and BLINDSIDED first.

I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

ebook
Published October 21st 2016 (first published September 15th 2016)
Edition Language: English
Series: Game On in Seattle #6

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...