Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Friday, March 4, 2016

The Aubrey Rules (Chicago on Ice #1) by Aven Ellis Review

The Aubrey RulesThe Aubrey Rules by Aven Ellis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Aven Ellis scores with The Aubrey Rules, first book in the Chicago on Ice Series. Social media professional Aubrey Paige is strict about following her rules. That is until see meets captain of the Chicago Buffaloes Beckett Riley. This contemporary sports romance takes place in Chicago. It is suitable for new adult and adult audiences.

I liked Aubrey. I enjoyed her rules and how they are amended. I felt for her having to deal with her boss. I have worked for people like that, it is not fun. Aubrey is inept about hockey, but she learns. I like that she can calm Becket and make him a little less serious.

Hockey captain of the Chicago Buffaloes, Beckett Riley is shy, quiet, determined. I love that he thinks he is a dork. I appreciate his love in Tim Horton’s coffee. Whenever we are in an area that has a Timmy’s, we always make sure to stop in and stock up of coffee. He is a really likeable character and good guy.

Being a Chicagoan, I love that The Aubrey Rules is set in Chicago. I also liked how the chapter names corresponded with Aubrey’s Rules to live by. I found Aubrey’s job fascinating. It made me wonder how many athletes have people working for them doing social media. This is the first book that I have read by Aven Ellis. I love her writing style and will definitely continue reading this series.

Kindle Edition
Published August 26th 2015 by Soulmate Publishing
Edition Language: English
Series: Chicago on Ice #1

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...