Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Two Man Advantage by V. L. Locey: Guest Post & Character Interview

Blurb: 

Victor Kalinski, all-star forward for the Boston Barracudas, is one of the biggest jerks in professional hockey. Before long his aggressive attitude gets him shipped off to play in the minor leagues.

Furious, he takes to the ice with equal amounts of skill and scathing sarcasm, which doesn’t win him any friends—except for good-natured alternate captain Daniel Arou. He won’t take any of Vic’s crap, and he won’t take no for an answer.

But Vic’s troublemaking is pulling his career one way while Dan’s talent is pushing his in the other. However much they scorch the sheets, they might soon be separated by more than Vic’s fear of being hurt.

Inside Scoop:  This book contains scorching gay sex and a heaping helping of no-holds-barred snark between hot hockey heroes who don’t pull their punches.

A Romantica® gay erotic romance from Ellora’s Cave




Available at:

Amazon     B&N     Ellora`s Cave     Kobo




Author Bio


V.L. Locey loves worn jeans, belly laughs, reading and writing lusty tales, Greek mythology, the New York Rangers, comic books, and coffee. (Not necessarily in that order.) She shares her life with her husband, her daughter, one dog, two cats, a flock of assorted goofy domestic fowl, and  two steers: one named after a famous N.H.L. goalie while the other carries the moniker of a 60s pop legend.

When not writing spicy romances, she enjoys spending her day with her menagerie in the rolling hills of Pennsylvania with a cup of fresh java in hand. She can also be found online on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and GoodReads.

I love to meet new friends and fans! You can find me at-


Blog     Facebook     Goodreads    Pinterest     Tsu     Twitter 



Guest Post


Please welcome Two Man Advantage author V. L. Locey to Diane’s Book Blog. 

Not all leading men are Prince Charming


Before I turn things over to Victor, I'd like to thank Diane for being so wonderfully supportive of authors and their work. *hugs* Big thanks for having my man Vic here today.

I would just like to say beforehand that if Victor says anything off-color, please don`t hold it against him. That`s just how he was written. As Jessica Rabbit once said, "I'm not really bad; I'm just drawn that way."

In Victor`s case, he is a bit of a jerk. Okay. He`s more than a bit of a jerk. He is a massive jerk. He's crude and rude and solves problems with scathing sarcasm or his fists. He is wickedly skilled on the ice but his personality could use a few thousand wind sprints to get it in shape. But it's all good because, as I said earlier, Vic was written to be a jerk. Not every person on this planet is a nice one. Not every leading man is Prince Charming, thank goodness. I like flawed heroes. I like to see character development. Perhaps that`s why I find Superman so boring. He is just too perfect. I'm more a Wolverine type of gal, as evidenced by the tattoo of that clawed mutant on my left bicep.

Readers will see a different tone and feel with Two Man Advantage, and all my gay hockey romances to follow Vic and Dan, than you do in my Wildcat or Venom M/F books. With my gay hockey romances, I try to make things a bit grittier and rawer. While I do tackle some deep issues in my M/F hockey romances, I really dig into some darker things with my gay ice warriors. I guess you can say I'm trying to keep it real. Victor is about as real as it gets. He`s based on a real player after all. I'll let you guess who. Vic will get in your face, say what he thinks, and let the pucks drop where they may. How he ever managed to land a great guy like Dan Arou is a mystery for the ages.

I hope you enjoy getting to know the leading man of Two Man Advantage better. Just make sure you have your Kevlar flak jacket on.



Character Interview  

Please welcome Vic from V. L. Locey's Two Man Advantage to Diane’s Book Blog. 


What is your name? Do you have a nickname?

*rolls eyes to the ceiling* Really? V.L. chose this question to start things off? Like my name wasn`t mentioned twenty-two times in the introductory paragraphs? Name is Victor Kalinski. I have a whole F'n dictionary full of nicknames from the fans and press. Pick one and run with it. I'm rather fond of "The Venomous Pole" but that`s just a personal thing.


What is your hair color? Eye color? 

I'm a ginger. My eyes are probably colored bloodshot at the moment since I was rolled out of bed at the asscrack of dawn to do this. I don`t recall reading anything about author-induced interviews in my new contract with the Cayuga Cougars. If my agent hadn`t dropped me I would have had him send V.L. a cease-and-desist-being-a-pain-in-my-ass letter.


Where were you born? Where have you lived since then? Where do you currently call home?

I was born in Englewood, Chicago. For those of you who know the place, you don`t need any further explanation. For those who don't, consider yourself lucky. Englewood has the distinction of being consistently rated one of the worst neighborhoods of the Windy City. I left home when I was about fifteen after dear old Mom introduced an empty bottle of Jack Daniels to the back of my head. Being a clever kid, I figured it was time to strike out on my own after the stitches had been put in.

I did live in Beantown until the shortsighted cretins in the Boston Barracuda`s upper management decided to knock me back to the AHL. "Disciplinary measure" they called it. I have other words for it, but I don`t wish to offend anyone. *snorts* I currently call Cayuga, New York home. It`s a long way from Boston, and the NHL, but it does have Dan, so things could be worse.

Who are the people you are closest to?

Dan Arou. What? You want to know more. Read the books. Yeah, I said books. Rumor has it V.L. is plotting my second novella as we speak. Ain`t you readers lucky?


Who is your funniest friend?

I don't do friends. There's Dan but he`s more than a friend. There are a couple guys on the Cougars who aren't complete douche-nozzles. Friends aren`t a Vic Kalinski thing.

What is your biggest fear?

Next question.


What is your most treasured possession?

My pointed Polish nose and my winning personality.  Next question.

What or who is the greatest love of your life?

*sighs dramatically* Is this some sort of Cosmopolitan interview or something? I'm fond of Dan. Let`s leave it at that. Next question.


What is your favorite journey?

Never got into Journey much. I'm more a Five Finger Death Punch kind of guy.


Which living person do you most despise?

Next. Question.

What is your greatest regret?

Leaving a hot and horny Arou to come here and answer banal questions. I'm outie. *throws hands into air and walks off*

*yelling after him* Ummm thanks for stopping by!



Check out V. L. Locey's other books:

Secret Cravings Backlist Books and Upcoming Releases
Pink Pucks & Power Plays (Book One of the To Love a Wildcat Series)
A Most Unlikely Countess (Book Two of the To Love a Wildcat Series)
O Captain! My Captain! (Book Three of the To Love a Wildcat Series)
Reality Check (Book Four of the To Love a Wildcat Series)
Language of Love (Book Five of the To Love a Wildcat Series)
Final Shifts (Book Six of the To Love a Wildcat Series)
Tumble Dry
Coming in August 2015 - Clean Sweep (Book One of the Venom Series)

Torquere Press Backlist and Upcoming Releases
Two Guys Walk Into an Apocalypse (Part of the He Loves Me For My Brainssss anthology)
Two Guys Walk Into an Apocalypse 2: It Came From Birmingham
Two Guys Walk Into an Apocalypse 3: He's a Lumberjack and He`s Undead
Love of the Hunter
Goaltender`s Penalty
All I Want for Christmas - A Toms & Tabbies Tale
Early to Rise - A Toms & Tabbies Tale
 Every Sunday at One (Part of the 2013 Charity Sip Anthology)
 Night of the Jackal
An Erie Halloween
An Erie Operetta
Back to the Garden (Also part of the Mythologically Torqued Anthology)

Ellora`s Cave Backlist and Upcoming Releases
Bound, Boarded and Bagged
Coming soon . . . Long Change and Shutdown Pair



4 comments:

  1. Victor! Oh dear, I knew I shouldn`t have let him come alone. Thanks so much for putting up with - I mean having him over, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, he makes me laugh. He kind of grows on you, like a wart. I would actually have him back sometime. Uhhhh, maybe with Dan to keep him under control.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure the boys would love to come visit. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, I'll be looking forward to it. Have a great weekend!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...