Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday, March 9, 2015

Let Me In by Christine Sutton: Interview

Let Me In
Burkheart Witch Saga, Book 2
Christine Sutton

Genre: Urban paranormal fantasy

Publisher: DevilDog Press, LLC

Date of Publication: November 15, 2014

ISBN:
ASIN: B00PPJJ34K

Number of pages: 138

Book Description:

Kayla has returned home to find that the fairy tale continues. She finds out some facts about her family history that may be her ultimate undoing.

With the help of a coven of witches, Kayla is tasked with defeating vampires, werewolves and evil witches that threaten to destroy her happiness and her very life!

Will she get her happily ever after, or will she fall victim to the evil that courses through her veins?

This novella will take you through a whirlwind as you join Kayla on another fairy tale adventure. Previously published as Kayla Enchanted.

Available at   Amazon   BN   iTunes   Smashwords


Excerpt

He laughed, watching the little pigs scramble to clean up the message he had left. He didn't really believe in playing with his food, but this was so much fun!
He could tell that the bitch was terrified, and he loved it. Pigs tasted so much better when they were afraid.
While the bitch pig, the pussy pig, and the little pig in a blanket slept in their bed, he had ripped that rabbit's head off with his bare hands. As he smeared the blood all over the sidewalk to leave them a message, he hadn't been able to stop himself from taking a long drink from its mutilated little body. It tasted so good that he had almost marched into the house and ate all three of them right then.
Self-control had won out. He had simply left the message, knocked over the sad little straw hut and sat in the bushes to watch them scamper around. They had rushed in when they found the message and locked up the house as if that would do any damn good at all.
He had to admit that he had not liked the look on the woman's face. As she had walked into the house, there was a look that appeared to be defiance as she scanned the yard for danger.
He would rip that smug look off along with her lips, nose and eyes. He hadn't realized that the whole time watching them, he had been digging his now extended claws into his own thigh. The blood had partially soaked through his denim jeans and began to drip onto the well-manicured grass. He released the grip on his leg and wiped his hands on the dry part of his jeans.
He knew it would heal completely before nightfall. The mixture that his blood contained was great for self-healing, and even better for speed and strength. There would be no stopping him this time. Even that little witch's magic wouldn't do the trick. He had a few 'tricks' of his own to show her. Wouldn't that little pig be surprised?

Author Bio

Christine Sutton is the author of more than fifteen short stories, novellas and novels. While she tends to cross genres within horror, she is always passionate about scaring the hell out of you.

Her passion would have to be serial killer fiction, but she also loves ghosts, ghouls, demons and monsters of all types. Christine's work ranges from modern day fairy tales to demonic soul eaters to ghostly children that just want to play. Her writing has been called passionate, realistic, gritty, fun, enthralling and tons of other cool adjectives.

You, too can pick up some of Christine's work and come up with some cool adjectives of your own. It won't be hard. I promise.


Facebook     Twitter     Website


Interview 

Please welcome Let Me In author Christine Sutton to Diane’s Book Blog. 

How long did it take you to write Let Me In?

It actually took me a few weeks to write. I am relatively quick at writing, but I had so much fun with this one that it just poured out. I loved piecing together the story and adding the fairy tale elements while doing my best to build a story around a strong female lead. I found myself cooking dinner and suddenly having Aha! moments. I couldn’t wait to write down what was going to happen next. I hope my excitement translates in the story. I had an absolute blast writing it! 

If you could be best friends with one of your characters, who would it be?

It would most definitely be Kayla Burkheart. She is strong and assertive, but at the same time friendly and fun. She has a great sense of humor and can kick some serious butt when necessary. She is also kind and caring, and has a fierce love for her family. Oh, and she has magic…which is a great trait in a best friend!


What is your favorite book that you wrote?

I try not to publish anything that I do not really like. I write paranormal stories, like Let Me In and the entire Burkheart Witch Saga, but I also write books that have more of a horror theme. They are all different facets of me, and picking a favorite is quite difficult. I would have to say that this series is one of my absolute favorites, as well as my book titled Killers. That was my first “real” published work, and I still think it is one of my best.


How do you overcome writer’s block?

I stop trying so hard. I do not sit for hours in front of my screen, willing myself to write. I stop and bake, or take a walk, or watch a movie. I do something that is not in any way related to writing. I find that within an hour or so I am usually brimming with ideas and a desire to sit back down and right. Sometimes it does take a day or so, but (knock on wood) it always comes back to me.


What book are you reading now?

I am currently partaking in a fantastic book by Stephen King called Mr. Mercedes. I must say, I am loving it. 


What do you prefer paperback, hardcover, or ebooks? 

Being the age I currently am, I remember a time when there was no such thing as a cell phone, a microwave, or even a VCR! So, even though I’m not really that old at forty, ebooks are still a relatively new phenomena. I love the feel and smell of a hardcover book. I love feeling the weight of an eight-hundred page book in my hands. But, that being said, I am head over heels in love with my Kindle. I love that I am able to carry a thousand books with me by slipping something that weighs less than a pound into my bag. I’ll never stop collecting and reading books, but I would be lost without my e-reader!


Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?  

I really want my readers to know how grateful I am that they have taken time out of their lives to read my books. I know that sometimes it is a difficult thing to find a block of time to just relax and read. If someone uses the little bit of time they do have to read something that I wrote, they are all right by me! It comes down to a great big THANK YOU to my fans, past, present and future. You have my gratitude, respect and love.




1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for talking with me! I hope your readers enjoy the interview and I hope they enjoy reading the Burkheart Witch Saga as much as I enjoyed writing it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...