Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Hungarian (Budapest Moon #1) by Stephanie Burkhart Review

The HungarianThe Hungarian by Stephanie Burkhart
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 ½ of 5 Stars

While Hungarian Count Matthias Duma is in London, he meets the intriguing Katherine Archibald. He courts her despite his “condition” of being a werewolf.

Both of my parents were born in Hungary, and I love shape shifter/werewolf novels. Naturally wanting to read this book was a no-brainer for me. I’m really glad that I picked it up it is an amazing novel that was well worth the read.

It is apparent that Stephanie Burkhart lived in Hungary for a while. She did a wonderful job describing the features of the country. The historical aspects of the novel are noteworthy. She mentions facets that are very relevant in both English and Hungarian culture and history making the novel believable.

Katherine Archibald is a strong heroine. She is independent despite the time period. She loves books and wants to open her own book store using her inheritance. She is brave and loving; a wonderful role model and mother figure for Matthias’ daughter.

Matthias is a caring and resilient hero. He strives to be good and despite being a werewolf. He is a remarkable father doing much more than most men of his time period. He has incredible control and is business sense. He goes a bit overboard in his rivalry with fellow werewolf Count Anton Varga, but his reasons are understandable.

Burkhart’s character development is exceptional. We witness both main and secondary characters grow throughout the novel. The plot was exciting and original. A lot happens throughout the 276 page novel that kept me entranced.

The Hungarian is an entrancing historical novel with believable paranormal aspects. I would definitely continue reading the Budapest Moon Series.


Paperback, 276 pages
Published November 9th 2012 by Desert Breeze Publishing, Incorporated (first published April 29th 2010)
original title: The Hungarian
ISBN 1612529852 (ISBN13: 9781612529851)
series: Budapest Moon #1
characters: Katherine Archibald, Matthias Duma

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for having me here today. I'm glad you enjoyed the story. I did stay in Hungary between JUL - OCT 1997. I had a 3 month deployment to the town of Taszur. I stayed at an old Soviet Air Base that had reverted back to Hungary. I also took a 3 day tour to Budapest where I fell in love with the city. I've got some nice memories of my time there. Truly, the beauty of Hungary was a big part of my inspiration to write the novel.

    Smiles
    Steph Burkhart
    Romance Under the Moonlight

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...