Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Havoc (Mayhem, #4) by Jamie Shaw Review

Havoc (Mayhem, #4)Havoc by Jamie Shaw
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

Jamie Shaw rocked Havoc. Veterinarian student, Hailey Harper, ends up falling for her egocentric cousin, Danica’s ex-boyfriend, Mike Madden. Now that Mike’s bad is making it big, Danica once again has her sight set on him. This contemporary Rockstar romance is suitable for new adult audiences.

Jamie Shaw does a great job with her character development. They are complex and well-developed. I like Mike. My son is also a drummer, so I always have a little bias towards drummers. Mike has a big heart, is talented, and has a great personality. I love how he treats Hailey’s little brother, Luke.

Hailey is a sweet heroine. I’m an animal lover, so her being a vet student is a big plus. She is a great girl who is down to earth. She is caring and smart. I love how she befriends the band and their girlfriends.

Danica is a piece of work. Her actions cause some fascinating controversies in the story. She is a selfish individual who is used to getting what she wants. Some of the things that come out of her mouth just made me shake my head. She is the opposite of Hailey. It’s hard to believe they’re related.

I enjoyed the plot. There were a lot of complexities involved in the various relationships that made the story interesting, especially, between Hailey’s family. I love the video game scenes. I adored the ending.

This was the first book I read by Jamie Shaw. I really enjoyed her writing style. I am interested in going back and reading the earlier books in the Mayhem series. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Published February 21st 2017 by Avon Impulse
Original Title: Havoc
ASIN: B01J16RJGQ
Edition Language: English

Series: Mayhem #4


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...